To be, Auraknot to be

“We keep moving forward, opening new doors and doing new things because we’re curious, and curiosity keeps leading is down new paths.”~Walt Disney, American cartoonist

This week’s Diva Zentangle Challenge 172 is another duotangle, this time using Auraknot and Mooka. Anyone who has seen my work knows I love Mooka: it’s impressive and is a quick tangle to complete. Auraknot was more the challenge.

Diva172-3

Love that glitter

I completed my tile at my Tangled Tuesday Lunch at Hobby Lobby in Canton. This week’s project was to use glitter gel pens to create tangles. I was in a purple mood, so I paired it with black and did each tangle in a different color. I’m not thrilled with it, but like Laura, I submit the first tile I complete. I did have a purple and black pencil for shading, and that made all the difference.

Diva172-2

Diva Challenge #172

I demonstrated Auraknot at TT Lunch, showing how to approach it: combine aura and the tangle Hollibaugh. The outline sets the space, so there’s no stress about “fitting it in” on a tile. I showed variations of play with it: using color; making straight line “stars” vs. curved ones; filling in the line spaces; and alternating filling the line spaces. It was fun to play with. Why don’t I use this more in my art? Perhaps now I will.

This entry was posted in Movies, Music, Vibrant Creativity, WoW and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to To be, Auraknot to be

1. Jean Chaney says:

Nice with the contrasts of the black against the color. I like how you made an aura around the whole tangle.

2. Vickie Nipp says:

ok am i doing something wrong? every time i click on read more of this post it says “page not found Yahoo error” thanks vickie

• dwhirsch says:

Darn, Vickie. I don’t know what the issue could be. A Yahoo browser? Some poor connection? Internet connections not playing well together? My website being persnickety? If you get this reply, email me and I’ll troubleshoot what I can or send you a direct link. Thanks for stopping by.

3. Annemarie says:

Lovely! I like the orange line keeping it all together.

• dwhirsch says:

Thanks! Orange and purple are kinda complementary colors (orange close enough to yellow). orange and black remind me of Halloween, and the glitter is just fun!

4. Donald W says:

Did not see the glitter until I enlarged the picture. Nice effect.

• dwhirsch says:

Thank you. The glitter is subtle in the photos; it’s hard to grab that with even the best light. That’s actually a neat aspect to it: the glitter is a surprise when you tilt the paper (or rotate it, like you should do with a Z tile…!).

5. David Hunter says:

I like the way all of the players fit together. The glitter is a nice touch.

• dwhirsch says:

Thanks, David. I wasn’t too sure initially how the result would be, but Auraknot and Mooka played well together. And the orange really tied it all together; bonus!

Share your thoughts!