I'm publishing a book!

“For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.”~Ralph Waldo Emerson, American poet

Well, here goes….

It’s been said that if you state something publicly, then you are held accountable for that action.  With that in mind, here I go, creating a deadline:

I will publish my book on November 20.

20140902-124049-45649978.jpg

My book: Release date 78 days away

There, you have it.  There, I have it: a deadline.  Accountability. Motivation.  Or insanity.

Whatever.  It’s all the same, really, just different degrees.

Writing. Rewriting. Editing. Kickstarting. Or Indiegogoing. More rewriting. Coffee-ing.

With all that going on, and a spur-of-the-moment, how-much-more-last-minute-can-I-be decision to drive down to South Carolina this weekend and receive my NFPW award in person. My Mom-Star Trek e-book is my first one published out in The Real World, and to win a National award is…well, I’m just damn proud of myself.

20140904-144817-53297648.jpg

Diva Zentangle #183

Oh, right, I got lost in all that self-congratulatory stuff. I’m just diving into this week’s Diva Zentangle Challenge #183. This week is a UMT (Use My Tangle) challenge featuring the tangle “X-did” by Annette Carlo.

I wasn’t feeling very Zen when I did this, but I adore X-Did. Dainty. Lacy. Delicate, like a snowflake. Or wrapping paper. Why I think that, I don’t know. It’s a fun tangle and I’m glad I had the opportunity to play with it.

Now off to write. or edit. Or drink tea; coffee is for later in the writing stage.

This entry was posted in Movies, Music, Vibrant Creativity, WoW, Writing and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to I'm publishing a book!

1. Annemarie says:

CONGRATULATIONS, what a great feeling this must be! If your books were in Dutch I would love to read them (I can read English, but prefer my own language). I like the shading in your tile.

• dwhirsch says:

Thank you for all that! Hmmm…different languages…something to look into. Thanks for pointing that out. I’m glad my shading was successful. Another Z element I struggle with.

2. Genevieve says:

How cool! Congratulations!

3. LonettA says:

Very lovely tile! Congratulations for you book!

4. Wowwowwow! Congrats on your book! I love your tile – and yes X-Did does have a dainty feel in your tile, which often the more geometric patterns do not. I like the light/dark balance in your tile. Good job!

5. Wow, Diana, you should be proud!! That is so awesome, writing a book!!! Wow!! I love your tile using ‘X-DID’! You really did make it look dainty! Thank you for giving it a try! Have a great weekend! :0) Annette Share Humanity

6. Jean Chaney says:

Good for you, writing a book is something many think about but few dare to do. Congratulations! Your tile is lovely too.

• dwhirsch says:

It a bold, scary thing to do. Publishing is putting yourself out there personally, moreso than most jobs. So is posting these Zentangle tiles. It’s our art, open to criticism and compliment.

7. Duchess says:

I love the idea of public accountability. I use that all the time, as I’m not a particularly self-motivated person, but give me a public deadline…

• dwhirsch says:

Exactly! Being a writer comes with a large side of Procrastination on your plate. Without forced motivation, we’ll continue to “want to write some day.” Best to you.

8. bmlilith says:

Lovely tile. Congratulations on all of you achievements.

Share your thoughts!